In this episode of the “Bhatia Best Q&A”, we speak to Amy Lyons who is a Paralegal at our Mansfield office.
1. What is your name?
2. What is your role at Bhatia Best?
3. Which department and office do you work in?
Criminal Defence – Mansfield Office
4. When did you join Bhatia Best?
5. What does your typical day consist of?
Assisting solicitors, preparing cases for trial, attending initial appointments and representing clients at the Police Station
6. What is the most rewarding part of your work?
When clients appreciate all of your hard work.
7. What first interested you in a career in Law?
The film ‘Legally Blonde’. My A-level law teacher was really enthusiastic about law and I was really drawn in by the way she painted the perfect picture of how my life would be as a lawyer
8. If you hadn’t pursued a career in Law, what do you think you’d be doing now?
An accountant or at least trying to qualify as one. I did this before I decided to swap for Law
9. What hobbies do you have outside of work?
I don’t have any specific hobbies. I spend a lot of time with my family and friends, usually accompanied by some nice gin and good food.
10. Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck?
Definitely 1 horse-sized duck. Can you imagine having to fight 100 horses when they can kick with all four legs?! That would be chaos!