Ben works in our busy Nottingham Criminal Department and is a Fully Accredited Police Station Representative.
Ben appears daily in the region’s police stations and is experienced in representing clients suspected of the full range of criminal offences from minor road traffic matters to serious sexual offences, complex frauds, drug conspiracies, firearms matters and murder.
When not representing clients, Ben also assists with the firm’s e-marketing and website development.
✅ Criminal Defence
✅ Police Station Representation
- R v L. Murder. Representation of a client who was arrested on suspicion of murdering his wife and attempting to murder another person.
- R v S. Murder. Representation of a client who was accused of murdering his partner.
- R v V. Manslaughter. Representation of a client accused of the manslaughter of a youth and being party to a conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.
- R v M. Firearms. Police station advice given where the client was accused of attempted murder where an address had been targeted in a shooting.
- R v M. Production of cannabis. The client suffered from a serious medical condition which caused her to suffer from constant severe pain. She was found to be growing a large amount of cannabis at her address which she smoked to reduce her pain. Notwithstanding the sentencing guidelines, successful representations resulted in her receiving a police caution and prosecution was avoided.
- R v M. Driving offences. The client was arrested on suspicion of a number of driving offences, production of cannabis and possessing an offensive weapon. Advice was given and representations were made at the police station which resulted in the client being charged only with simple possession of cannabis.
- R v K. Breach of bail. Police station representation of a youth who had been unlawfully detained by the police. Successful representations resulted in the client being released without charge.
12 Carrington Street
Tel: (0115) 950 3231