Are You Being Prevented From Seeing Your Child?

Are You Being Prevented From Seeing Your Child?
There are options available to you!

Jodie Hudson, Solicitor in our Family Department, offers some guidance in relation to child access arrangements.

Family Solicitor: Jodie Hudson

The arrangements surrounding access to your children can result in highly emotional exchanges and, unfortunately, disagreements. It is always hoped that parents can reach an agreement with the best interest of the child in mind. This is often referred to as an informal child arrangement agreement. All available efforts should be made to try and do that.

There will however be times when due to the emotions in play, this is simply not possible. Before considering an application to the Court, you may wish to consider mediation. This might allow you to resolve matters with the other parent by way of agreement. You might be able to enter into an informal child arrangement agreement through the help of the mediation.

However, if mediation is unsuccessful it may be necessary to make an application to the court for a Child Arrangements Order. A Child Arrangements Order can set out defined arrangements for contact and decide whether this should include overnight contact. The interests of the child will always be the primary concern of the Court.

If you are currently having difficulty with access to your child or children and want to discuss the options available to you, please contact one of our experienced Family and Children Law solicitors on 0115 950 3231.