Q & A with: Christina Mavromati, Family Law Solicitor
1. What is your name?
2. What is your role at Bhatia Best?
3. Which department and office do you work in?
Family and Children Law, Mansfield
4. When did you join Bhatia Best?
5. What does your typical day consist of?
Fighting the good fight!
Attending Court to represent clients’ interests and liaising with professionals and opponents in order to effect productive and robust case management with a view to securing the best results for our clients as efficiently as possible.
6. What is the most rewarding part of your work?
Securing positive and life changing results for clients and their children at Court.
7. What first interested you in a career in Law?
I was 6 years old and sat down with my mother on a lazy summer’s afternoon to watch To Kill a Mocking Bird. A wonderful black and white movie adaptation of a story whereby Atticus Finch, a simple but honourable lawyer took on a village, to save a vulnerable man who was wrongly accused. The spirit of that story catapulted my then 6 year old self down a long road of hard work and tenacity motivated by the desire to use the law to help others who were vulnerable.
8. If you hadn’t pursued a career in Law, what do you think you’d be doing now?
I would have carried on my father’s business as a restauranteur.
9. What hobbies do you have outside of work?
I love to entertain people, likely to be the Greek Cypriot in me but let me feed people and I’m in my happy place. I also enjoy gardening, albeit badly and spending time with my partner and feral child in the woods where the earth heals after a busy week in the office.
10. Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck?
Bring on your biggest duck. I would feed it and befriend it and then let it fly me around because I’m too poor to buy a private jet.