In this episode of the “Bhatia Best Q&A”, we meet Ciara Best who is a Paralegal in our busy Civil Department.
1. What is your name?
2. What is your role at Bhatia Best?
3. Which department and office do you work in?
Civil Department- Nottingham office.
4. When did you join Bhatia Best?
5. What does your typical day consist of?
My day usually consists of talking to clients, corresponding with counsel and drafting documents.
6. What is the most rewarding part of your work?
I work on the Jay inquiry. It’s a national inquiry which is looking into the abuse of children in care over the past 60 years or so. I like to think that what we are doing here will help the clients we have and help future children who are put into care.
7. What first interested you in a career in Law?
My dad advised me against it.
8. If you hadn’t pursued a career in Law, what do you think you’d be doing now?
That’s a terrifying question. I did a radio show during University which my mum seemed to enjoy, so I think I would have pursued that.
9. What hobbies do you have outside of work?
The last time someone asked me this I panicked and replied with “pub” which definitely does not qualify as a hobby. I cycle a lot and like to play cards.
10. Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck?
Is this a fight to the death? I think I would be very easily overrun by 100 tiny horses so I would fight the horse-sized duck. However, I don’t think I could bring myself to kill such a medical marvel (unless of course I have a large amount of hoisin sauce and pancakes to hand). I’m not known for my combat abilities so I think I would train the duck and ride it to work.