Q&A with Paralegal Carl Gallagher
In this episode of the Bhatia Best Solicitors Q&A Session we meet with Carl Gallagher, who works as a Paralegal in the Personal Injury department at our Nottingham office.
1. What is your name?
2. What is your role at Bhatia Best?
3. Which department and office do you work in?
Personal Injury, Nottingham
4. When did you join Bhatia Best?
5. What does your typical day consist of?
Putting Fee earners tasks into lists, corresponding with clients, drafting documents, discussing cases with fee earners and reviewing files with a view to progression.
6. What is the most rewarding part of your work?
Not to be drab but I’ve only been here a couple of weeks and I think I need a little longer to comment properly.
7. What first interested you in a career in Law?
It seemed a firm, stable and potentially lucrative profession.
8. If you hadn’t pursued a career in Law, what do you think you’d be doing now?
I suppose any number of things. I might have tried to work in media if I’d chosen different A-Levels, otherwise I would have done a Politics or History degree and ended up doing something menial I imagine. I’d like to say that I’d be writing, but I’ve never been good enough at it to make any money.
9. What hobbies do you have outside of work?
I love films and games. I often go to Cineworld to watch whatever’s out, or play video games at home or board games at The Dice Cup.
10. Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck?
That depends on why I’m fighting, where I’m fighting them and whether or not I have any weapons.
If we imagine that this is in some sort of dry gladiatorial arena and I’ve got to fight for my life with my bare hands then I’ll take on the 100 duck sized horses. They’re small, they’re herbivores and they’ve got brittle legs. I think that I could have a good go at kicking them, while a horse sized duck would surely overpower me.