Q&A with Trainee Solicitor Colin Wilson
1. What is your name?
2. What is your role at Bhatia Best?
3. Which department and office do you work in?
4. When did you join Bhatia Best?
5. What does your typical day consist of?
Representing clients in police station interviews, providing legal advice in the office, preparation for court hearings, and lots of paperwork.
6. What is the most rewarding part of your work?
Happy clients when my advice has made the difference.
7. What first interested you in a career in Law?
Elle Woods in Legally Blonde
8. If you hadn’t pursued a career in Law, what do you think you’d be doing now?
I used to be a full-time nightclub DJ, so I would probably still be DJing. Although now it would probably be weddings, birthdays and bar mitzvahs.
9. What hobbies do you have outside of work?
I play for a pool team in the Derby Licensed Premises Pool League. I am interested in classic cars and am also the proud owner of a verona green 1973 Saab 96V4. I am also joint 5th best in the world at Wii Golf.
10. Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck?
I would think me versus 100 duck-sized horses would be somewhat of a bloodbath, and is therefore tempting. However, as Elle Woods would say: “I’m not afraid of a challenge”. The horse-sized duck would be a fairer fight. It is also likely to interest promoters as a televised event. The novelty of a horse-sized duck in itself would surely attract millions of viewers. I would then be able to retire on the pay-per-view earnings, as would the duck.