Child Arrangements Orders

Child Arrangements Orders have replaced the old Residence and Contact Orders.
The new order regulates:

  • Who a child is to live with, spend time with or otherwise have contact with.
  • When a child is to live with any person, spend time with that person or otherwise have contact with that person.

Before the court will hear your case you must be able to prove that you have, at the very least considered mediation as an option to resolving your differences. This rule doesn’t apply in some cases, for example if there has been a history of domestic violence.

Our team of Child Law Solicitors can advise you on whether an application for a Child Arrangements Order is appropriate or whether more informal arrangements are sufficient.

Contact us

Contact our Child Law Solicitors for free initial advice.

Full Name




Call Now ButtonCall Bhatia Best Now