Motoring Law Fixed Fees
We recognise that every case is different and requires an individual approach. For that reason, we decide our fees on a case by case basis.
We will be open and honest with you about our fees. We almost always deal with cases on a fixed fee basis, so you will know exactly what and when you have to pay. We do however have a fee structure that will give you a good idea about how much your case will likely cost. This is detailed below and you can click on each case for more information.
Your initial call is always free so please call 0333 016 3333 today. There is no obligation and we might even be able to answer any simple queries that you have.
Our fixed fees
- Initial Motoring Law Consultation (up to 45 minutes either in person or over the phone) – £168.00
- Letter of Representations to the Court or DVLA – £480.00
- Guilty plea (no, or low, risk of disqualification and/or imprisonment) – £1,200.00
- Guilty plea (risk of disqualification and/or imprisonment) – £1,500.00
- Exceptional Hardship Argument – £1,800.00
- Not Guilty Plea, Newton Hearing or Special Reasons Argument – £2,400.00
Our fixed fees are listed above and are inclusive of VAT. They do not include additional costs such as mileage/parking at some Courts and disbursements (such as expert’s reports if needed). There is an additional £36.00 Administrative Fee in all cases except for an Initial Motoring Law Consultation.
Mileage will be charged at 0.54p per mile (including VAT) and the total cost will be dependant on the distance travelled. This figure will be agreed beforehand. We cannot estimate any other disbursements; they will vary on the specific type. The majority of disbursements will also incur VAT.
We cannot provide you with an estimated timescale without knowing more about your individual case but in general terms:
We anticipate the majority of Guilty Plea and Exceptional Hardship matters to conclude in one hearing.
A Contested matter will usually have a timescale of at least 8 weeks and involve a minimum of two hearings.
We will be in a better position to discuss likely timescales once we know more about your case and can happily discuss this with you prior to any fee being agreed.
The fees above provide the likely fixed-fee in those types of cases. The actual fee may vary and is dependant on the specific nature of the case. The fee will always be agreed beforehand and no ‘hidden charges’ will be imposed. Variables include:
- Location of the Court
- Unusual amount of preparation expected (other than ordinarily expected)
- Number of witnesses to speak with (character or fact)
- Volume of prosecution evidence
- Number of charges or incidents
- Need for site visit
- Status and experience of advocate
As they are fixed fees, there will be an agreed limitation on the work that will be carried out. Once this limitation is reached, no further work will be carried out. Limitation will be set out clearly in writing on all cases.
The Admin Fee cover the associated costs of opening a case file, carrying out conflict checks and general administrative tasks.