PARALEGAL – Family & Children Law – DERBY
Bhatia Best are a leading firm based in the East Midlands who specialise in Criminal Defence, Family Law, Personal Injury, Public Law and Community Care.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and talented Paralegal to join our dedicated team of Family & Children Law Solicitors at our Derby office.
- Providing legal and administrative support to fee earners on client matters
- Undertaking Legal research
- Answering client calls, responding to queries, and providing updates while ensuring a high level of client care
- Maintaining case files
- Organising and conducting meetings
- Preparing draft documents to include Letters of Claim and instructions to Counsel
- Attending Court and assisting counsel
- Dealing with financial aspects of matters to include time recording, legal aid applications and billing.
- Assist and participate with training initiatives taken by the firm
- Act as “next friend” and promote training initiatives of new recruits and promoted staff
- Comply with the firm’s Office Manual
- Maintain client confidentiality and legal professional privilege
- Actively promote office relations with clients, their families and potential new clients (public relations)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Competent drafting all types of legal documents
- Strong analytical skills and ability to apply law to fact
- Competent negotiation skills (both written and oral)
- Strong IT skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
Candidate to have Bachelor’s degree (LL.B) in Law (or equivalent) and either already have completed LPC or SQE or intend to do so on a part time basis.
Understanding of Rules of Conduct and Client Confidentiality
Office hours are Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm with one hour for lunch.
Previous applicants need not apply.
If you have a passion for Family & Children Law, we invite you to submit a CV and covering letter to our Practice Manager, Louise.Pynegar@bhatiabest.co.uk or contact us on 0333 016 3333 for further information.