Legal Cashier - Nottingham OfficeJob specification:
- Bank reconciliations
- Processing of client and office receipts
- Checking and processing of bills for both private paying and Legally aided clients
- Setting up electronic payments
- Purchase ledger
- Petty cash
- Reconciliation of company credit card
- Running of month and year end
- Conversant with Solicitors Accounts rules
- Understanding of VAT
- Confident use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in Legal Aid preferable
Legal Cashier – Nottingham Office Job specification: Bank reconciliations Processing of client and office receipts Checking and processing of bills for both private paying and Legally aided clie...
LAW COSTS DRAFTSPERSON - FAMILY DEPARTMENT - NOTTINGHAMJob Specification:
- Costing and billing of legal aid files to include legal helps, payments on account and final bills.
- Fully conversant with CCMS and legal aid systems
- All aspects of cost recovery including legal aid appeals
- Preparing, negotiating and agreeing high cost case plans
- Understanding and adherence to Legal Aid KPI’s
- Working closely with caseworkers
- Ensuring compliance with Legal Aid rules and internal systems
- Experience using digital case management systems and Cost Master preferable
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Competent drafting all types of bills and costs
- Competent negotiating skills
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Law Costs Draftsperson to work in our busy Family and Child Law Department. The successful candidate would be based at our Nottingham Office and would su...
PARALEGAL – CRIMINAL DEPARTMENT – NOTTINGHAMWe are inviting applications from prospective Paralegals with a view to joining our busy Crime Department and progressing their careers in Criminal Law to Trainee Solicitor Status. Bhatia Best is a large, multi-disciplinary practice that covers the East Midlands and beyond. Our team of highly experienced and dedicated lawyers represent clients facing the full range of criminal offences. We have experts in all areas of criminal practice and manage our cases from initial police station interview right the way through Crown Court Jury Trial, Sentence and even appeals before the Royal Courts of Justice. We have offices in Nottingham, Derby and Mansfield and are seeking to recruit enthusiastic, talented Graduates to join our team as we expand. We pride ourselves in providing our staff with the tools they need to advance their career and we have assisted many to obtain their Police Station Representatives Accreditation, Duty Solicitor Qualifications and Higher Rights of Audience. As Paralegals and Trainees, you will be responsible for dealing with clients and preparing cases to go before both Magistrates and Crown Courts. We will quickly progress you through your Police Station Representatives Accreditation, after which you will be attending upon clients in custody in the police station and providing them with essential advice and assistance at a critical stage of their case. Many of our senior staff started as graduate paralegals. We will progress you through your Period of Recognised Training towards eventual admission onto the Roll of Solicitors. We can offer a competitive basic salary plus overtime rates for out-of-hours work. We will consider applicants who have already completed, or are about to complete, their LPC or who wish combine part-time LPC/SQE studies and take their first steps into Practice. Job Specification: Paralegal with a view to career advancement and engagement with Period of Recognised Training if appropriate. Preparation of Case Files for both Magistrates and Crown Court cases. Act as Fee Earner undertaking tasks delegated by Senior Caseworkers – undertake Legal Research, drafting of proformas and court documents as necessary. Client facing – interaction on daily basis with clients either on telephone, video conferencing or in person. Representation of Clients at Police Stations – including commitment to out of hours rota work. Attendance at Court with Advocates / Counsel on Crown Court matters Maintaining Case Files via our computerised Case Management System. Compliance with SQM (Specialist Quality Mark) and internal transaction criteria. Remuneration package will include basic salary plus overtime and mileage once engaged on out-of-hours rota. Personal Specification: Skills: Good oral and written communication skills. Competent drafting of all types of legal documents. Strong analytical skills and ability to apply law to fact. Competent negotiating skills (both written and oral). Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Windows 10. Full UK Driving Licence desirable (out of hours travel) but not essential. Police Station Accreditation desirable but not essential as training will be given for the right candidate. Knowledge: Candidate to have Bachelor’s Degree (LL.B) in Law (or equivalent) and either already have completed LPC or intend to do so on part-time basis. We will also accept applications from CILEX accredited individuals. Understanding of Rules of Conduct and Client Confidentiality. If you have a passion for Criminal Law, we invite you to submit a CV and covering letter to our Practice Manager, Louise.Pynegar@bhatiabest.co.uk or to our Crime Department Manager, Steven.Ramsell@bhatiabest.co.uk or contact us on 0333 016 3333 for further information.
We are currently recruiting for Paralegals to work in our busy Criminal Department. The successful candidate would be based at our Nottingham Office and would support our Crime Departments across the ...
CRIMINAL DEPARTMENT – ALL BRANCHESThis is an opportunity for a Solicitor (NQ+) to join our busy Criminal Department. The successful candidate will be a currently practicing solicitor in Crime, have a strong work ethic and advocacy skills, and hold a Duty Solicitor Accreditation. Our activity spans the East Midlands and the successful candidate may be required from time to time to conduct work at any of three branches or at other Police Stations and Court Centres in the area. Job Specification: Solicitor primarily practicing in the Magistrates Court conducting the full ambit of litigation and advocacy in cases from commencement to conclusion. Candidate will be required to:-
- Engage in Client interaction on daily basis either on telephone, video conferencing or in person.
- Engage in preparation of Case Files
- Attend Court on a daily basis to represent clients in Plea (NGAP / GAP) courts, remand courts, contested trials and sentencing hearings.
- Engage in Police Station Attendance and Representation.
- Engage in Litigation in respect of Crown Court matters
- Undertake out-of-hours work (Police Station and Saturday/Bank Holiday Courts) on a rota basis.
- Experience maintaining case files via a computerised Case Management System. Compliance with SQM (Specialist Quality Mark) and internal transaction criteria.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Competent drafting of all types of legal documents.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to apply law to fact.
- Competent negotiating skills (both written and oral).
- Confidence in delivering coherent, robust, reliable advice to clients. Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Windows 10. Full UK Driving Licence desirable (out of hours travel) but not essential.
We are currently accepting application for Crime Duty Solicitors at all of our offices; Nottingham, Derby and Mansfield. We welcome applications from those seeking Full-Time, Part-Time & Flexible work...